PRESERVATION LEAGUE OF NEW YORK STATE JOB DESCRIPTION SOUTHERN TIER FIELD CONSULTANT, PART-TIME
The New York State Preservation League is seeking a new Southern Tier consultant. http://www.preservenys.org/help-wanted1.html
The Southern Tier field consultant will promote and encourage local historic preservation efforts in communities throughout the Southern Tier. They will achieve this goal through providing enhanced technical services to organizations, municipalities, and property owners in the region. They will work with Albany staff to organize and lead outreach programming at the local and regional level.
This position reports to the Preservation League's Vice President for Policy and Preservation and will involve coordination with other Preservation League staff including the Preservation Associate and Director of Strategic Communications. Geographic focus will be on Steuben, Chemung, and Tioga Counties with work in Broome, Allegany, and Schuyler Counties as needed. Occasional travel to the Preservation League's Albany headquarters.
This is a part-time consultant position of approximately 10 hours/week or 40 hours/month. Initial 6 month contract. Competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Provide technical preservation assistance to individuals, organizations and municipalities seeking creative solutions to preservation challenges.
- Advise and assist local and regional preservation organizations and citizen groups on strategies to increase their effectiveness.
- Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of technical and outreach workshops with the Vice President for Policy and Preservation and Preservation Associate.
- A degree in historic preservation or a closely related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the historic preservation field.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently to identify and complete tasks.
- Willingness to travel regionally and familiarity with the Southern Tier.
- Ability to work constructively as part of a team.
- Computer and camera proficiency.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Comfort with public speaking.
- Valid driver's license.
Send cover letter, resume, and the names of three references to:
Southern Tier Field Consultant Search
Preservation League of New York State
44 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12206
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1974, the Preservation League of New York State invests in people and projects that champion the essential role of preservation in community revitalization, sustainable economic growth, and the protection of our historic buildings and landscapes. We lead advocacy, economic development, and education programs all across the state.
Back to home page.